Feel like you can’t catch a break? Make 2016 the year you evolve as a professional and in your career!
Career development is never an overnight ordeal; which is why, we have broken down the effort into small achievable goals that you can pursue one at a time for lasting results. If you think it’s too late to make New Year resolutions, think again.
Take a look at these simple ways to give your career the boost it deserves:
Update the Resume
With the end of 2015, there is a fair chance that you have things, which you can add or delete from your current resume. Make updates to you master copy, and tailor the same for different positions you might be interested in. Focus on the following:
- Use better vocabulary. For an impactful resume, replace redundant words with verbs denoting strong action, like organized, planned, charted, etc.
- Quantify your achievements. Include numbers, and statistics to your bullet points, to highlight specific, important details you don’t want people to miss.
- Redesign it. Spruce up your resume by changing layouts, and formats. A resume makeover is not as complicated as you may think. Hire a professional resume writing services to do it for you.
Be More Productive
Do you have too much idle time at hand when you’re at work? Or is it just your routine that has become too mundane for you? Whatever the case, here’s what you can do:
- Use your time wisely. If you’re having a slow day, take up some of next day’s work to get a head start. Make each second of your time count, so that you can enjoy a work-free, stress-free weekend ahead.
- Alter routines to decide the most productive one. At times, a monotonous routine is what slows you down, bringing your efficiency to a low. Change your routine, so that you find the one which works best for you.
Work on Your LinkedIn Profile
Have a LinkedIn profile? Update that. Social platforms are a great way to gain contacts, and even job opportunities. For starters,
- Add flair to it. Use a free background design to set your profile apart from others.
- Highlight the accolades. It’s more like advertising yourself – but that is exactly what you have to do. Be specific!
- Participate more. Take part in discussion groups, and industry talk that can help you get your name recognized.
Not sure how to go about it? Let us do it for you!
Learn Something New
- Online courses. It could be anything, from leadership courses to team building strategies; never give up on an opportunity to learn.
- Update yourself on the latest tech. The more familiar you are with the latest technology, the better chances you have at boosting your career.
- Listen to TED talks. They are informative, and based on real life. It gives you opportunity to learn something valuable without spending too much money or time.
Make this year count! Take charge of your career, as you aim to climb up the success ladder. Incorporating these small changes will go a long way in contributing to your professionalism development.